Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More details from Iwata on why there will not be a Wii price cut, and why Japan is losing interest in games

“The Wii is in the most unhealthy condition since it hit the Japanese market. The current condition in the Japanese market is not the one we want. A price cut in a difficult economy cannot really excite the market and drive up sales. As of now I really don’t think that a price cut is a good option for us. The speed with which people get tired of any new entertainment is faster in Japan than in overseas markets.” - Satoru Iwata
    You can bet that Nintendo is banking big on Wii Sports Resort. If it sells anything like the first one, the game could keep the Wii rolling hard until next year…or even the year after.
    Wii Sports Resort, MotionPlus Out In July

GoNintendo ‘End of Day’ thoughts - The Nintendo localization screwjob

Rather than having a few long-time annoyances, I now have a full list of games that are yet to be localized. Games I thought Nintendo would certainly bring over to the states, but we haven’t heard a peep. As the list builds, so does my anger. Instead of trusting Nintendo, I now wonder what in the hell is going on.

Captain Rainbow is a quirky title, but I thought it would make for a nice filler during the slow periods of the game release calendar. Well…that game is nowhere in site.
    Disaster: Day of Crisis seemed like a shoe-in for North America. An action-heavy game that was squarely aimed at the core market. It even comes with English voice acting! Well, instead of getting localized…Reggie laughed at the game. No release at this time…
    Fatal Frame IV…the newest entry in a long-running series. North Americans have already shown their love of Fatal Frame, and this newest title seems the best yet. Nintendo out of all companies decided to publish/co-develop the title. Hell, even Suda51 was involved…what more could you want! How about a North American release?! Nintendo is keeping the game back from not just North America, but Europe as well. We are always lead to believe that NCL makes the call for localizations, so I’ll blame them. Why on earth are we not going to get to experience this game when Nintendo actually stepped in to help develop the game?!
    Trace Memory 2 is set for European release. At least, that’s what we saw via Nintendo’s outline of games for 2009. Lucky for North America, we haven’t heard a word uttered. I want to hold out hope that the game will be announced at E3, but I just don’t know what to think. It pisses me off beyond belief that I played the first title, and desperately want to continue the story…but may not be able to.
    That’s just a few of the titles that I’m shocked to not see localized. I know it’s silly, but in the back of my mind I expect Nintendo to surprise us with a few of these games at E3. I know that it doesn’t make any sense, but that’s how badly I want to play these games. Nintendo is making more money than ever, yet we are seeing less titles come our way. Can someone explain this logic to me?
    What are we left to do? Should we import European Wiis to get a few of these games, or perhaps learn Japanese in order to import and play them all? I don’t know about you, but I don’t exactly have spare time to master another language right now. So that leaves me where I am right now…angry and shocked. Nintendo doesn’t often rile me up, but they’ve definitely got my attention right now.
    Woa... Η Αμερική έχει παράπονο και πρέπει να κάνει ιmport Ευρωπαικούς τίτλους. That's a first...

Don't Know How It Plays, But Dead Space Wii Looks Gorgeous
    «Should Shinobi fail before completing the mission, he will disappear before the dawn and vanish forever.»

Comment

• Originally posted by Burai_Fighter View Post
      A price cut in a difficult economy cannot really excite the market and drive up sales. As of now I really don’t think that a price cut is a good option for us.
      -Satoru Iwata
      Τι λέει ο αθεόφοβος.. ακριβώς το αντίθετο ισχύει. Πάρτε για παράδειγμα το 360, με το που άρχισαν σιγά σιγά να πέφτουν οι πωλήσεις, έριξαν την τιμή και εκ τοτε έχει πουλήσει πάρα πολλά κομμάτια.

Πιστεύω πως απλά είναι υπερ-ευχαριστημένοι με το περιθώριο κέρδους που έχουν λόγω της συγκεκριμένης τιμής και απλά (εφόσον έχουν ήδη καθιερωθεί ως market leaders) θα συνεχίσουν να κάνουν το ίδιο μέχρι να φτάσει στο απροχώρητο. Δεν προσπαθώ να πω ότι κι εγώ αν ήμουν στην θέση τους δεν θα έκανα το ίδιο, αλλά όχι και να μας κοροϊδεύουν και να λέμε κι ευχαριστώ!

Comment

• Απ'τη μια παντως τους καταλαβαινω, ειχανε φαει τρελο σνομπαρισμα, τωρα λιγο πολυ δουλευουν τον ανταγωνισμο που προσφερει πραγματικα αξιολογες προτασεις σε οσο πιο χαμηλες τιμες μπορει ενω αυτοι πουλανε ανθρακα για χρυσαφι. Προφανως εγω σαν καταναλωτης δεν ειμαι ικανοποιημενος απο κατι τετοιο γι αυτο εδω και καιρο δεν ασχολουμαι με τη κονσολα, αν ομως ημουν πχ ο Iwata θα γουσταρα παρα πολυ να λεω κατι τετοιες μαλακιες.
        Do a barrel roll!

Comment

• Στην Ιαπωνία το price cut είναι αναγκαίο για να ενισχύσει τις πωλήσεις της κονσόλας .. Φυσικά και παιγνίδια που θα αποτελέσουν κίνητρο για κάποιους να αγοράσουν την κονσόλα θα ήταν μια καλή σκέψη

Στις υπόλοιπες αγορές όμως, γιατί να γίνει price cut ?? Μέχρι πρόσφατα δεν υπήρχε stock στα ράφια .. Ας αφήσουν λίγο την ζήτηση να πέσει και μετά ..

A price cut in a difficult economy cannot really excite the market and drive up sales. As of now I really don’t think that a price cut is a good option for us.
          -Satoru Iwata
          Κάπου πάει το μυαλό μου, αλλά δεν είμαι σίγουρος ..

:phil:

Comment

• The revolution ...
            ... it began ...
            Exergaming peripheral for Wii announced at CES 2009find out more at http://www.jog2play.comjOG is the innovative in-game motion-sensing controller that bring...
            Do a barrel roll!

Comment

• Contra Rebirth announced for WiiWare

Μετα το Gradius Rebirth βλεπουμε και το Contra Rebirth.. Χμ τι να πω..
              Το Gradius ηταν ενα σχετικα αξιοπρεπες makeover, αλλα σε καμια περιπτωση δεν αποτελουσε αποπειρα remake. Θυμιζε 16-bit game το πολυ και στην ουσια ειδαμε ενα παιχνιδι με πιστες απο τα διαφορα Gradius.

Εδω να περιμενουμε λοιπον ενα sort of remake με μερικες πιστες απο τα πρωτα Contra;
              Sort of want..

Comment

• Καλά νέα μεν, Wiiware δε. Kαι όχι δεν έχω κάτι με την υπηρεσία αλλά δεν μπορώ να αγοράσω κάτι που αν πάθει κάτι η κονσόλα δεν μπορώ να ξανακατεβάσω αν δεν το πληρώσω. Μάλλον θα προτιμήσω την εύκολη λύση, εκτός φυσικά και αν βγει XBLA.
                «Should Shinobi fail before completing the mission, he will disappear before the dawn and vanish forever.»

Comment

• Δεν ισχυει αυτο που λες παντως για το αν παθει κατι η κονσολα κτλ..

Comment

• Αν είναι καλό port/remake και όχι καμιά χαζομάρα ίσως ασχοληθώ. Παλιά έπαιζα το Probotector του mega drive και θα είχε ενδιαφέρον να δοκιμάσω κάτι ανάλογο. Βέβαια είμαι άπειρα n00b οπότε δε με βλέπω να το τερματίζω .

BTW μόνο αν στείλεις την κονσόλα σου στη Ν δεν κρατάς το ίδιο S/N; Αν η βλάβη προκληθεί για κάτι που αυτή δεν ευθύνεται ή για κάποιο λόγο δεν μπορούν να φτιάξουν το μηχάνημά σου, λογικά όντως θα χάνεις ό,τι έχεις αγοράσει.

Comment

• Δεν ισχυει αυτο που λες παντως για το αν παθει κατι η κονσολα κτλ.
                      Yep. I stand corrected

Evans από όσο είδα σε ένα θέμα στο Gamespot, κάνεις register online την νέα κονσόλα σου και επειδή σενυδέεται με το account σου στο nintendo.com μπορείς να ξανακατεβάσεις τα παλιά σου games. Βέβαια δεν ξέρω καν τι παίζει με εμάς( Ελλάδα) γιατί πραγματικά πέραν του GH που παίζει ο bro δεν έχω παίξει κάτι στο Wii για πολλούς μήνες xD

Αν είναι καλό port/remake και όχι καμιά χαζομάρα ίσως ασχοληθώ. Παλιά έπαιζα το Probotector του mega drive και θα είχε ενδιαφέρον να δοκιμάσω κάτι ανάλογο. Βέβαια είμαι άπειρα n00b οπότε δε με βλέπω να το τερματίζω
                      Όταν μας ξανατιμήσεις φέρε και το wii classic controller σου να παίξουμε τα Probot στο Wii ή αν θες την original εμπειρία( :bleh στο SNES μου ;)

Comment

• Θα φερω εγω SNES controller for the real deal.

Comment

• Ε ναι όλοι οι καλοί χωράμε

Comment

• Φίλε Burai μπορείς να συνδέσεις το Wii με τον online λογαριασμό σου στο nintendo.com αν επιλέξεις ως χώρα διαμονής την Μεγάλη Βρετανία!

Αυτό έκανα και εγώ αλλά δεν μου βρήκε ότι είχα αγοράσει πριν ενώσω τους λογαριασμούς.
                            https://www.emulator-zone.com
                            I am an iteration closer to my desired solution!
                            The World Ends With You

I will wipe out the Belmonts from the face of earth!
                            Castlevania Lords of Shadow

I am Wowser, King of the Woopa Twoopa and ruler of the Shroom Kingdom
                            Hyperdimension Neptunia

Comment

• E3 2009: IGN's Wii Trends and Predictions

At E3 2008, Nintendo's legendary master designer and recognized international superhero Shigeru Miyamoto said that the Mario and Zelda teams had reunited and were actively working on their next projects. Vague, but enough for us to throw parties. He also admitted straight up that Pikmin 3 was in development. More parties on our side. Miyamoto later commented that he liked the foundation that the company's Tokyo studio laid down for Super Mario Galaxy, but wished the concepts were taken farther. With so much critical praise and equally strong sales, we think a sequel to Galaxy would be ideal, and timely. Meanwhile, we know from separate interviews with long-time Zelda director Eiji Aonuma that he is once more involved in the next major Wii title and it's bound to use MotionPlus in some capacity. We would not be shocked if Galaxy 2, Pikmin 3 and even a teaser for the next major Zelda debuted at the big conference this June.
                              Περισσότερα εδώ

Φανταζεστε? Galaxy 2 και νεο Zelda μαζι... Θα ξεσηκωθει το συμπαν...!

Και μετα ξυπνησα

Comment

• Καινούριο Zelda πραγματικά δε με καίει, εκτός και αν το αλλάξουν τελείως. Για κάποιο λόγο βαρέθηκα τη συνταγή των παλιότερων TLOZ, που σιγά σιγά βρίσκεις νέα power ups, ξεκλειδώνονται νέες περιοχές και μπορείς να πάρεις κι άλλα κομμάτια καρδιάς. Είναι μία σίγουρη συνταγή που πάντα διασκεδάζει, αλλά πιστεύω ότι πλέον χρειαζόμαστε κάτι φρέσκο, όπως το Okami (η ίδια συνταγή περίπου, με περισσότερο βάθος, άπειρα side quests, ελευθερη κίνηση σε όλο το χώρο, τέλειο σενάριο κτλ).

Ένα νέο SMG από την άλλη δε θα με χαλουσε, αν και θα προτιμούσα μία νέα ιδέα και εδώ. Από το SMG είχα δύο παράπονα (τα οποία τα ξεπερνάς εύκολα): την έλλειψη ενός hub σαν το κάστρο (με μυστικά, εξερευνηση κτλ) και την ύπαρξη περισσότερων άστρων. Η όλη εμπειρία ήταν μοναδική, αλλά και αρκετά εύκολη και σίγουρα θα ήθελα ένα DLC με περισσότερα πράγματα (let's say άλλα 120 άστρα ).

Comment

Working...
                                X