No announcement yet.

Alan Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG το 360 έχει τίτλους που δεν τρέχουν στα 1080p; Απατεώνες! Τι κάθομαι και σπαταλάω το χρόνο μου με τέτοια αίσχη. Πάω να το πουλήσω αμέσως!

Comment

• Btw εχουν αρχισει να βγαινουν τα development diary για το American Nightmare.

Part 1

Part 2

Comment

• Ok για τους Χbox-άδες του forum είναι γνωστός ο τίτλος. Για εμάς τους PC-άδες (ή μη Xbox-άδες) το Alan Wake λογίζεται ως τίτλος του '12 οπότε συμπαθάτε με αν έχω πάθει πλάκα με το παιχνίδι.

Ακόμα και με τα πάντα στο full, τα textures του τίτλου φαίνονται dated. Ουδέν μεμπτό φυσικά, ειδικά δε απ'τη στιγμή που η ατμόσφαιρα που βγάζει είναι τόσο υπεργαμιστερά survival/horror. Δηλαδή, ναι ρε πούστη μου, ΕΠΙΤΕΛΟΥΣ ένα survival/horror!!

Και δεν είναι απλά ένας κλώνος του Resident Evil ξέρω 'γω, που κι αυτός λόγος για πάρτι θα ήταν, αλλά το Alan Wake ξεκινά και δεν μπορείς να χωνέψεις τη ποιότητα του.

Η αίσθηση που βγάζει είναι βάλτε με σε ένα δωμάτιο νύχτα, με τσίτα τη μουσική και κλειστά τα φώτα και αφήστε με να χαθώ. Η καλλιτεχνική διεύθυνση του παιχνιδιού σπάει κόκκαλα. Ο τρόπος που παίχνιδίζει ο φωτισμός με το περιβάλλον.... Ανυπέρβλητο! Η επιβλητική παρουσία του δάσους το βράδι... Λες και είσαι εκεί, κουνάς νευρικά το φακό νομίζοντας ότι είδες μια σκιά μέσα στην ανατριχιαστική χλωρίδα που χορεύει στον ανέμο. Έχω πάθει πλάκα!

Μετά έρχεται το δεύτερο ΜΠΑΜ. Ο ήχος. OMFG! Δεν υπάρχουν λόγια να περιγράψω πόσο πολύ προσθετει στην ατμόσφαιρα ο τρόπος εξιστόρισης αυτών που συμβαίνουν στον Alan. Η λογοτεχνική αφήγηση είναι λες και ζωντανέψαν οι σελίδες κάποιου βιβλίου τρόμου κι εσύ αλληλεπιδράς μαζί του. Απ'τους ήχους του περιβάλλοντος μέχρι τους μονόλογους του Alan, η ποιότητα που ξεχυλίζει απ'τα μπατζάκια είναι τόσο υψηλή που σε καταβάλει δέος.

Και σκάει και το τρίτο ΜΠΑΜ να με αποτελειώσει. Το παιχνίδι είναι σε μορφή επεισοδίων, λες και παρακολουθείς (παίζεις) κάποια σειρά! Με μουσικούλα στο τέλος κάθε επεισοδίου και "previously on Alan Wake" στην αρχή του επόμενου! Δηλαδή πόσο πιο τέλειο!!

Το μόνο παράπονο που έχω είναι στη δυσκολία του τίτλου. Στο normal ψοφάω συνέχεια σε κάθε νέο pack εχθρών και το βγάζω με τη δεύτερη. Καταλαβαίνω την ένταση και την αγωνία που προσπαθούν να βγάλουν οι αναμετρήσεις, όμως σε μένα σπάνε τελείως το ρυθμό και τη ψευδαίσθηση της αφήγησης που σκέφτομαι να το βάλω στο Easy μόνο και μόνο για να μην υπάρχουν αυτές οι αυξομειώσεις στη διάθεσή μου. Έτσι κι αλλιώς είναι παιχνίδι που "σε πάει" και δεν το πας, όμως είναι τόσο τέλεια η εμπειρία που πραγματικά αξίζει να χαραμίσω τη δυσκολία μόνο και μόνο για να μην χάνω την ταύτιση με την επιβλητική ατμόσφαιρα του παιχνιδιού.

Άντε να βραδιάσει να το συνεχίσω
        sigpic

Comment

• Παιχνιδαρα το Alan Wake παιξτε το οι PCαδες σιγουρα.. Θα το κατεβασω και εγω να ριξω αλλο ενα playthrough σε HD..

Comment

• To βράδυ μάλλον θα το ξεκινήσω οπότε περιμένετε και απο μένα εντυπώσεις.
            Star Citizen videos Star Citizen gallery

Comment

• Alan Wake PC - Remedy interview

Fuzat: How much will the game cost and are there any Alan Wake items in Team Fortress 2?

AJRMD: Alan Wake PC will cost $29.99 and a little less in euros and pounds. The Collector's Edition will be $34.99 and at launch we'll have a special offer on that.

MarkusRMD: No current plans for AW items in TF2 but would be happy to do something there.

GeneralChurch: How do you guys get the creative juices flowing when you were writing the game and its characters?

MikkiRMD: Mostly, it just takes time, more than anything else. I listen to a lot of music -- but that's when I'm already writing, really. Before that, when we're really planning stuff, I think we mostly get in the mood by talking about it and pumping each other up, more or less -- just brainstorm and workshop, build off each other's answers.

It's very much a collaborative process, so we spend a ridiculous amount of time just talking. =)

edcar007: Is Alan Wake influenced by a real life character?

MikkiRMD: Not really, but there's a lot of "writer" in him, I guess -- that whole "tortured creator" archetype and everything. We aren't actually like that ourselves, though -- Wake's nothing like me or Sam.

niksun: Is there any differences between the PC version and the 360 version?

MarkusRMD: There are a few differences - the engine is basically the same, as is the gameplay, but we've increased the engine quality settings on many areas including draw distance, shadow quality, post processing etc. We've of course included the Signal and The Writer with the game too.

Legitti: Do you think Red Dead Redemption took too much off your sales on first AW launch? Are you trying to avoid this happening again on future releases?

AJRMD: Heh. RDR was probably something that did have an impact on us so it's a fair question. I guess all developers are trying to factor this into account, but at the end of the day there's only so much that can be done about it.

xtrench: Hey guys! Will people purchasing the regular edition be able to upgrade it to the collectors edition later?

MikkiRMD: Yes! (That was easy.)

To elaborate on that a little bit, you can buy the collector's edition content separately on Steam.

nibblemonkey: Hi, I was wondering if it was coincidence that Alan Wake PC is being released so close to American Nightmare or was it planned?

MarkusRMD: Well, it is a coincidence and it is not. We've done AWPC as fast as we've been able since we heard we can self-publish it. On another hand American Nightmare's launch was locked only very late in the process...

When we started development on American Nightmare we had no idea we would be releasing Alan Wake on PC at that point.

yogibbear: What ever happened to Mikki's pink MSI Wind u100?

MikkiRMD: That's your question? Fair enough!

It wasn't really mine, first of all -- it was Jouko's, who's our IT admin. So I don't know what happened to it! It's a real tragedy, and I think about it often. We had a short relationship, and I had a real love/hate relationship with that pink horror.

But I don't know what happened to it, or where it is now. Perhaps it's nearby, lurking. It could do that. It's devious and evil, and pink. Very pink.

(...newcomers, I'm talking about a laptop. I swear to God.)

makke007: Hey guys. My pricing question was already answered so. Will there be a midnight release for us guys in Europe?

MarkusRMD: Steam has a standard time for most launches, so it's 0 CET in here. I think they don't do midnight launches very often as the launches on their part require manual work and the whole Valve team is in Seattle (CET-9 hours) time zone

klown07: Is the Steam LCE limited to a set number, or set amount of time? (PLEASE do include barry wheeler in all future iterations of Alan Wake, he is the definition of awesome)

MarkusRMD: No, it's just "Collectors' Edition", not "Limited Collectors' Edition". We wanted to include things our fans may want. Retail on the other hand may be "limited"

MikkiRMD: We tend to think of Barry as a pretty integral part of the Alan Wake experience. =)

ADM: Yeah calling it a Limited Collectors Edition was my bad. It's digital, we got plenty of copies to give out! ;)

TannosukeGR: Firstly, Visa, first time seeing you here. Nice to meet you. Mikko, I still remember the pink keyboard incident. Just Kidding . Now down to the point. What led you to your decision for the announcement and the publication of the PC edition with another publishers(Steam and Nordic Games)?

AJRMD: With regard to the announcement on Steam, well, our heritage is in PC gaming and we always wanted to do the PC version, but it just was not possible at the time. With Steam we finally had the opportunity and that's super exciting for us. This is our first Steam release so we're looking forward to the ride.

With regard to cooperation with Nordic Games we really wanted to have a partner who could help us create the kind of retail package that would be worthy of the title. The guys have done an amazing job and it's been a great experience to work with them.

Yopfraise67: Hey guys ! First of all, i already finished Alan Wake on Xbox so my questions are about achievements : Are they the same as Xbox ? And will i get access to nightmare mode instantly ? And third, i wanted to ask what Markus got for lunch but then i took an arrow to the knee :p

MarkusRMD: That's a few questions in one question The Steam achievements are the same as Xbox360. Nightmare mode is locked, but there is a cheat... You know I have 25h on Skyrim and I've yet to hear that sentence.

MikkiRMD: As for lunch, Markus eats cheaters, so I don't want to alarm you, but... Or cheats eaters, perhaps. I'm not sure about the details of all that. Markus is very mysterious.

voorhees1979: Hey guys, just wondered since the benchmarks showing MSAA and FXAA both on at the same time did the game get any more optimizations? I do understand normally you would have one or the other and not normally both on at the same time. Thanks in advance

MarkusRMD: I think both MSAA and FXAA can complement each other. But 8xMSAA is pretty gfx card intensive. People can experiment with the setting that suits them and their eyes best. 2xMSAA+FXAA is already a good perf/visual compromise. The engine actually REQUIRES MSAA to be on, otherwise some of the alpha-to-coverage tricks we do don't work.

Eversmann: Hello everyone. First of all, I'd like to thank EVERYONE at Remedy for releasing the game on the PC as well, for such a low price of 29.99$ (Lots of games cost 59.99$ these days). My question is what was the biggest challenge to you guys while making Alan Wake?

MikkiRMD: That's an awfully broad question! We had a lot of challenges, obviously, but creatively speaking, I think one of the biggest challenges was one we've often talked about before -- just figuring out what the game is!

We experimented with it a lot, and nailing it down was surprisingly difficult. As you all know, this was not a game we made overnight. ;) It wasn't easy for us, but I think it definitely paid off in the end. =)

imFake: Will Alan Wake PC have increased texture sizes and the such. For example would I notice a big difference between Xbox and Max Settings on the PC? I just replayed it on Xbox for the 4th time last week in prep for American Nightmare and was wondering whether it would be worth re-buying it just for graphical differences and extra realism

MarkusRMD: Well, it does look quite a lot crisper and sharper on the PC. The higher resolution rendering, better filtering, higher res textures etc. all amount to a more visually pleasing experience.

It's going to be a different 5th playthrough We also felt the mouse and keyboard controls got pretty good, so that will make it feel a bit different than playing on the controller. And naturally if you don't have DLCs they are included. Although I assume you do since ... 4 playthroughs. Wow!

Julianne: First of all, hi! Can we see Alan Wake 2 (or whatever its name will be, the name 'Alan Wake 2' looks sooo bad tbh) get the same treatment? Or Day 1 release? And please don't use "Alan Wake 2". Please..

AJRMD: We do seem to get a lot of questions with regard to Alan Wake 2 these days. Right now it's a little exceptional time for us though as we'll be releasing two Alan Wake games in the next week or so! So we'd like to keep stay focused on those launches.

SD1337: Can you elaborate on the 3D features that will be available in the game?

MarkusRMD: So we've tested it internally on NVISION2 setup, and we felt it worked really nicely. There are some minor issues (light streak flares), but these are mostly invisible in 'moderate' stereo separation. We hope to get AMD HD3D to work too but haven't been able to test it yet. Stereoscopic 3D is really cool, we were really impressed with how Alan Wake looked, but it's still a "niche" feature that only a small part of our gamers will enjoy.

MikkiRMD: Personally, I can confirm that the 3D looks cool, and I'm not even a huge fan of 3D -- but when Markus had it running here, I spent a good deal time just looking at it and going "Ooooh. Ooooooooooh." =)

lorant: Are you guys going to have a "giveaway" for a couple lucky people? As a prize for the new launch

ADM: Actually there will be more giveaways coming up! Keep an eye out on our Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/remedygames) and our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/alanwake) for those as they come up!

JohnQQ: Will it somehow be possible to disable the way the camera turns around and notifies you of enemies that are behind you? Either within the settings, .INI-editing or unofficial mods (yeah, I know, no mod tools, but if it's possible without it...). Greetings from Norway!

MikkiRMD: Nope, that can't be turned off. It's an integral part of the game design, and I'll tell you why -- the thing is, we're spawning enemies from the darkness into fairly random (or random-seeming, anyway...) positions. So they can pop up behind you without warning.

And if there's one thing we learned in playtesting, it's that despite what people say, they do NOT want to get attacked from behind without any warning. =)

Note that we don't do it all the time, only when there are no other enemies around -- if you're already in combat, you don't get that warning.

Robersdee: Hey guys, Alan Wake was originally a dx10 flagship, open world mystery game with stunning visuals, then turned into a derp console exclusive. How are you justifying selling this ageing game to some bitter PC users?

MarkusRMD: It's a fair question. Exclusivity really wasn't .. our idea. Dx10 - Well, it was supposed to be a Vista "promo" title back when that was floated. That seems like a long time ago. But we have deep PC roots, we've done our best to make a _good_ PC version and not just a quick port. And our fans have wanted the game on PC. So that's why we did it.

MikkiRMD: As far as the open world thing goes, we've talked about this at quite some length before, but let me just address that: it was not a game that we wanted to make, in the end. We were making a thriller, and the pacing of a thriller and open world gameplay do not fit together very well. That's got absolutely nothing to do with the platform, and in retrospect, our biggest mistake was talking about the open world too soon.

It was a great idea, but it just wasn't what the game was _about_.

MarkusRMD: (we also said XP wouldn't be supported, but it is ...)

djshauny1: Hi guys. How much will the Collectors edition cost in the uk, will it have the making of videos? And Mikki, Tanno loves you

MikkiRMD: Well. Tanno has notoriously bad taste. =)

MarkusRMD: Making of Videos - not included, at least not at launch. We just didn't have time to sort that out. We are not commenting on the prices yet, you'll see them in Steam but I think they are reasonable.
              sigpic

Comment

• Στο τέλος είχαμε πολύ γέλιο με τον Mikko μετά απ' αυτό που είπε ο djshauny1. xD
                sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Μου φαινεται παρα πολυ μικρη η διαφορα,αν λαβουμε υπ'οψη μας οτι μιλαμε για κονσολα σχεδον 7ετιας.

Comment

• Μεγάλη επιτυχία η PC έκδοση του Alan Wake
                      http://www.gameover.gr/pc/news/%CE%9C%CE%B5%CE%B3%CE%AC%CE%BB%CE%B7-%CE%B5%CF%80%CE%B9%CF%84%CF%85%CF%87%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%B7-PC-%CE%AD%CE%BA%CE%B4%CE%BF%CF%83%CE%B7-%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85-Alan-Wake.18702.html

Alan Wake's American Nightmare EuroGamer Review

As the title intimates, the story ends with question marks lingering over the nature of Wake's experience. But even if it really is his nightmare, our troubled

Comment

• Originally posted by hideo View Post
                        Μου φαινεται παρα πολυ μικρη η διαφορα,αν λαβουμε υπ'οψη μας οτι μιλαμε για κονσολα σχεδον 7ετιας.
                        Δεν είναι μικρή η διαφορά. Έχουν κάνει σημαντικές αλλαγές για την καλυτέρευση της έκδοσης υπολογιστή. Τώρα ο τόπος εκεί έχει γεμίσει bugs/glitches και κάνουν ότι είναι δυνατόν για να τα περάσουν ένα τρελό update. Αυτά παθαίνεις, όταν βασίζεσαι σε porting. Και όταν κάνεις αλλαγές ή και αναβαθμίσεις, πάντα να περιμένεις για προβλήματα.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Μιας και μιλαμε για port, θεωρω οτι οι αλλαγες δεν θα ειναι τεραστιες (η ιδια μηχανη ειναι). Ωστοσο προσωπικα με απλα μεγαλυτερη αναλυση και πιο καθαρη εικονα (μειωση του blur) + αυξηση draw distance θα ημουν πληρως ευχαριστημενος, το παιχνιδι ουτως η αλλως ειναι πολυ ομορφο δεν νομιζω να μεινει κανεις παραπονεμενος.

Περιμενουμε εντυπωσεις απ'οσους το παιξουν στο PC ;).

Comment

• Originally posted by nooto View Post
                            Μιας και μιλαμε για port, θεωρω οτι οι αλλαγες δεν θα ειναι τεραστιες (η ιδια μηχανη ειναι). Ωστοσο προσωπικα με απλα μεγαλυτερη αναλυση και πιο καθαρη εικονα (μειωση του blur) + αυξηση draw distance θα ημουν πληρως ευχαριστημενος, το παιχνιδι ουτως η αλλως ειναι πολυ ομορφο δεν νομιζω να μεινει κανεις παραπονεμενος.

Περιμενουμε εντυπωσεις απ'οσους το παιξουν στο PC ;).
                            Αυτά έχουν ήδη συζητηθεί στο AW Forums και ήδη έγιναν πράξη. Βάλανε τις επιλογές No Blur και FOV. Και για να στο αποδείξω...

Αυτό το βίντεο είναι από κάποιον που το παίζει στο Steam, αλλά έχει πρόβλημα που κρασάρει ο υπολογιστής του. Παρ'όλα αυτά, δώσε την προσοχή σου στο 0:36 και μετά. Και η ανάλυση είναι στο ελάχιστο όριο 720p(απόδειξη ότι η εικόνα δεν φαίνεται λιγότερο από 720p).
                            sigpic

Comment

• ο αδερφός μου δεν συνάντησε κανενα crash έως τώρα, χμ περίεργο.

Το Αlan Wake στο pc δειχνει έτσι (όπως το παιζει ο αδερφός μου σε 1080p με όλα τέρμα εκτος απο SSAO και FXAA)

ε νομιζω μονο και λογο μεγάλης διαφοράς στην ανάλυση φαινεται πολύ καλύτερο από την 360 έκδοση , περαν του frame rate.

γενικά το game οπτικά ειναι πολύ όμορφο και έχει ατμόσφαιρα απλώς στο pc μπορούσαν να το κάνουν άλλο τοσο εντυπωσιακοτερο (πχ καλυτερα textures) οπτικά χωρίς βέβαια να λέω πως δεν έχει καλά γραφικά ή να έχω απογοητευτεί ως προς αυτό το θέμα.

Originally posted by hideo View Post
                              Μου φαινεται παρα πολυ μικρη η διαφορα,αν λαβουμε υπ'οψη μας οτι μιλαμε για κονσολα σχεδον 7ετιας.
                              και αν δεις απο video το demo του Mass Effect 3 στο PS3 και σε ένα καλο pc ίσως να δεις πολυ λιγοτερες διαφορές απ'οτι εάν έπαιζες το Mass Effect 3 demo στο PS3 και μετά σε ένα καλο pc σε αναλυση 1080p.

Star Citizen videos Star Citizen gallery

Comment

• Για κάνε τέρμα το SSAO και FXAA, γιατί απο εκεί είναι και η καλύτερη ανάλυση. Ο συνδυασμός τους το επιτρέπει να γίνει True ΑΑ ο τίτλος αυτός, απ' όσο διάβασα.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X